How It Works
Drop Off Your Items
We are always accepting quality clothing and equipment to stock our shop with. Please understand that items MUST be freshly laundered (including outerwear), free of mud, and have the cobwebs brushed off! A pre-soak in OxiClean can make your clothes look new and a brush & wipe can really make that old hard good look great again. Bring in your items during normal business hours and we’ll have a look and see if it fits our needs.
Winter enthusiasm is winding down and we are being selective about what winter gear and clothing we are taking. Quality goods and backcountry gear preferred through March. Summer specific item dropoff begins in April
Items We Are Looking For
Mountaineering and climbing gear (hard goods like ice axes, crampons, mountaineering boots, cams/nuts, etc., not ropes/slings and such), drysuits, packrafts, modern GPS units, knives, multi-tools, backpacks, kid’s outdoor stuff (like Patagonia clothes and the Chariot/Burley/Thule style wheel/ski kits), kid carriers, sleeping bags, tents, fat bikes, paddle boards, camping gear (stoves, pot sets, sleeping pads, etc), packs, dog accessories,car racks, etc.
Everything needs to be CLEAN-if it is stained, covered in pet hair, mud, cobwebs, etc, we will ask that you bring it back after washing/cleaning. An OxiClean soak works wonders for most soiled clothes! It also has to be in safe, WORKING condition with all parts.
We may even consider things not listed above (even if it’s out of season). But give us a heads up if it’s a big or cumbersome item before you bring it over so there isn’t any inconvenience lugging around something that isn’t appropriate for the store.
Items We Are Never Looking For
- Team sports equipment – baseball, basketball, lacrosse, soccer, etc.
- Vinyl air mattresses – these are usually by brands like Coleman and are intended for home use or blow up with a 12 volt pump.
- Old downhill/alpine skis/boards/boots – if it’s 10 or more years old it might be time to make that ski/board fence/bench or flower pot you’ve always wanted! Note that vintage gear (pre ~1980) will be considered!
- SCUBA gear.
- Old kiting/paragliding equipment – subject to approval but pre 2010 is a no-go.
- Stuff that is missing key components, is damaged or otherwise in an unsafe condition.
When preparing your item(s) for dropping off/pickup it will be super helpful if you can do the following to make entry accurate and easy for us both:
Please make sure your stuff is CLEAN and in GOOD WORKING ORDER! This will help your items sell faster and for more! We don’t want to have to turn your item away. Contain your items in boxes or bags in an orderly fashion.
We are happy to price your items. You are welcome to suggest a reasonable selling price for your item based on age, condition and current market value. About 50% off retail is a good starting point for most items unless they are very new and in high demand (or very old/used and in low demand!). If you have a reasonable/suggested selling price for the item(s) please have that information available and we can use that as a starting point for pricing-if not we’ll look into pricing later. Due to the volume of inventory coming in we cannot look up and price items at the time of dropoff. We recommend looking at similar items on Craigslist, eBay (sold listings) and Amazon for reference on pricing suggestions. We are happy to use our experience and the aforementioned methods to determine a fair price for your item.
Watch It Sell
Consignment split for the consignor (YOU!) depends on the selling price of an item:
- 50% of the selling price for items that sell for $50 or less
- 60% of the selling price for items that sell for $50.01-$500
- 70% of the selling price for items that sell for $500.01-$1000
- 80% of the selling price for items that sell for $1000.01 or more
You get a 10% BONUS on your money if you choose to use your store credit (vs. getting a check) when purchasing items in the store!
- Items are subject to a discount of 25% if unsold after 30 days, and further discounts after 60 days.
- Seasonal items may be subject to end of season sales. You will be informed of the sales beforehand via email should you not want your items included in the sale.
- After 180 days or the end of season date for seasonal items (April 15 and September 15) you will have 1 week to collect any unsold items or they will become the property of the store (unless you make other reasonable arrangements).
- You are welcome to provide a list with suggested selling prices but ultimately the store determines the selling price.
- Once inventoried items must remain in the store for 30 days before you can take them back.
- Some season-specific items may have shorter terms if they are dropped off at the end of a season. These will be discussed on an item by item basis.
- A consignment agreement with the most recent terms will be available to sign before consigning your items.
- Terms are subject to change
We do not offer trades or outright purchase. If you’re worried about collecting your money from out of state or country fear not! We can mail checks or transfer money via PayPal.