BearVault BV500 Bear Resistant Food Canister
VENDOR: The Hoarding Marmot
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Hurry! Only 8 Left in Stock!
Super rugged transparent polycarbonate housing resists impacts without shattering. Innovative patented design so you can open and close the lid without tools. Extra wide, rain proof opening provides full access for loading, unloading, and finding items. Built in guides keep tie down straps in place so extra carrying case is not needed to attach to backpack. Larger capacity for the space you need and lighter for backpacking when every ounce counts. Grizzly & Black Bear Approved!
- Specifically designed to be wide, round and slippery to reduce leverage points for entry from bear jaws, claws and paws
- Weight is low and volume is high, thanks to the durable, polycarbonate construction
- Screw-on lid is intuitive and secure, and doesn't require extra tools to operate; no need to overtighten; see instructional video on how to properly open and close container
- Transparent canister is easy to see into and doesn't require you to empty the contents of the container to find specific items
- Wide opening allows you to reach all the way in to find your tasty treats
- Strap guides aid in strapping and packing canister to your preference; an ideal place for your can is inside your pack just above your sleeping bag
- Container doubles as a camp stool, a luxury most backpackers leave behind; close lid fully when using as a stool to preserve the screw-top threads
- This BearVault model has approval from both the Sierra Interagency Black Bear Group and Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee
- Stash on the ground or in a niche 100 ft. downwind of camp and cooking site; do not hang; never keep BearVault inside your tent
- Wipe rim clean of dirt and grime, and clean with mild soap and warm water; use a dry bag with your canister near saltwater; apply food-grade silicone to threads as needed
- Note: harsh chemicals will destroy the plastic; keep DEET and other strong chemicals away, or double bag it carefully if storing inside
- When not using, store in a dry, cool place out of UV sun rays
Made in USA.
- Weight: 2 lbs. 9 oz.
- Food Capacity: 11.5L / 700 cu. in./7 days
Weight: 2 lbs. 1 oz.
Food Capacity: 7.2L / 440 cu. in./4 days
Item ID: 88055
Category: Food Storage Security